Sunday 21 August 2011

JAM OF THE DAY


I have no problem admitting that the novelty of a 'white boy' rapper will never wear off, because they make listening to Hip Hop that much more entertaining and bearable for me... at least more than any black rappers have managed to do in a while. I am the biggest champion of new kid on the block Kreayshawn (I made myself an honorary WGM member and I hold that title with pride), and Asher Roth's debut album 'Asleep In the Bread Aisle' is still one of my favourites. So when I stumbled across Mac Miller last year I was mostly just impressed that I'd found a Jewish rapper who, unlike Drake, is not a moist cry baby. Lyrically he's nothing we haven't seen before but his catchy hooks and large hipster/hormonal Jewish teen fanbase will no doubt ensure he's around for a while. Check out Mac's new video for 'Frick Park Market' below!
Image courtesy of Global

No comments:

Post a Comment