Monday 15 August 2011

Make a wish!

Soooooooooo I finally turn 19 in 13 days. I'm not the kind of person to ever expect anything at birthdays, so I came up with this list merely for my own amusement.

1) Jeffrey Campbell ankle boots
In recent days/weeks I have mastered the ability to spot a Jeffrey Campbell shoe a mile off. I'm not sure about anywhere else in the UK but I know for sure that no shop in the countryside Canterbury has these, thus I am forced to love from afar with the help of zalando! Would I ACTUALLY wear them though? This is the key question. They look amazing, no doubt about it. I do think they're a bit too out there for me though. But let's be real, this is Jeffrey Campbell we're talking about- mundane is not in his vocabulary.  

2) WAH manicure
Obsessed. Does. Not. Come CLOSE.
I could happily spend HOURS drooling over WAH nail art. Yasmin tweeted this pic of her pimped out nails a couple of days ago and I fell in love!! The closest I've come to doing anything wacky with my nails is using a green Barry M polish which I had on for about 2 hours before I chickened out (I still have yet to experience the wonders of acrylic nails, yikes!) I'll deffo have to man up a little bit before I step foot in WAH :( But if you get a free minute check out their designs here! Their website has a full pricelist- full extensions plus nail art will set you back a bit but even though I have yet to go there, I can guarantee that it is 1000000000000000% worth the cash money.

3) Ombre Hair



*DROOL DROOL DROOL DROOL*
'Ombre' is sweeping the nation, and I am most definitely 100000000000000000000000000000% ON IT. Otherwise known as 'dip-dye', ombre hair is slowly becoming the new black. Now, if you can't tell from reading this post so far the I'll make it clear- I AM A WIMP. I don't think I've ever had any colours in my hair apart from various shades of brown/black, so the idea of having bleached tips gives me palpitations. I love this look on Drew Barrymore especially, but I am not Drew Barrymore........... basically, my skin lightening regime hasn't taken me to my desired MJ levels yet....


MIKE DON'T BE MAD, I ONLY SAID IT FOR THE LOLz!!
Anyone who knows me will know how anti-bleaching I am. LOVE THE SKIN YOU'RE IN!
Seriously though- I've seen blonde hair on some black girls and it just screams YARDIE. Beyonce does it well but:
a) Beyonce bleaches her skin. 

Who wants to argue pls? I'll wait..... *sips tea*

b) I'm yet to find myself a Jay Z who is willing to pay the millions of dollars necessary to pay a professional to dye or even TOUCH weave. Walk into a European hair salon and mention the word 'WEAVE'... they will quickly draw for the holy water.
So we can either do the black/brown/blonde thing, or we can get CRAZYYYYYYYY with it:


I found these beauties on the BLEACH website. They're based in Dalston and Topshop (Oxford Street) if I remember correctly, so I could get my dip-dye sorted then slide over to WAH, problem solved! I love all 3 styles. Which do I have the guts for? NONE. Moving forward...

4) Finger tattoos
Example courtesy of Hanna Beth- reigning finger tattoo queen and all-round cool kid. My issue with tattoos is that, other than the fear that my parents will disown me for real this time, I have no idea what I would get IF ANYTHING! I hate pointless tattoos. 
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS DISGUSTS ME. 
I'm not going to rant about how stupid this man is, this post has dragged on long enough. But I do think that meaningful tattoos (or at least tattoos that don't look like you got them from a man in a white van) are definitely worth the agony! But as we all know................ I am not on those risk-loving levels yet.

I might be adding to this list as I get closer to the 28th cos I have nothing else to do apart from work and kill mutant spiders in my bedroom. Till then, adios! xo

3 comments:

  1. loving the nails, they remind me me of crunch cereal's tiger. for the dip dye you can prob do it yourself to weave or buy it like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im doing my hair ombre soon. Has to be done. Although I could probably get away with just ombre extensions, and leave my own hair as it is! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I may end up doing it myself because I know it will be a lot cheaper, I'm a hair dye virgin so I'm just a bit nervous lol. I'll probably ask my sister for a hand!
    & I agree, ombre hair is definitely a must! xo

    ReplyDelete