Saturday 3 September 2011

It's been a long time since I came around, been a long time but I'm back in town!

HOWDY GANG!
It's been a minute since my last post so I thought I'd update you all a bit on what's occurred since my birthday wishlist!
1) I am yet to get anything that I wanted LOL! Well, I'm probably closest to getting the ombre hair thing done sometime this month. I'm still looking for PROFESSIONAL AND REASONABLY PRICED hair salons in Kent/London that are willing to touch afro hair.... if you have any suggestions that'd be great! I'm kinda scared of dying really expensive hair myself at home in case it goes terribly wrong, so I don't mind paying (A REASONABLE AMOUNT) if I know someone can do it really well.
2) Models Own sale! IT HAPPENED! They reached 50,000 likes on their Facebook page so they gave everyone 50% off when you spent £20 or more, and even extended it for a few days longer. I must say I was very impressed with the way they handled the sale- they took the time to make sure that the servers could handle the traffic and even though some people were being incredibly impatient and rude, they did their best to reply to any comments/queries swiftly. After the Sleek shambles I expected missing items and super slow delivery, but my complete order came through just two days after I'd placed it. GOLD STAR FOR MODELS OWN! Here's some of what I bought with my hard earned overdraft:
(L-R) Angled blusher brush, small angled brush, nail art pen and polish!

I also got a nail buffer, some tweezers and another eyeshadow brush! Today I decided to give the orange a go- I normally wouldn't go near a colour like this but I actually like it!  I felt like being Tony The Tiger for the day so this is the result:


I think one coat of the base colour could have done it- I used two just to be on the safe side but the orange was really opaque and bright! As for the stripes, not perfect, I know..... but I am getting there :)
Did any of you check out the Models Own sale? What did you get? xo

7 comments:

  1. I really like that tiger print! Might have to give it a try myself.

    http://blackisthenewyellow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love this look might have to try it myself!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yey my MO order eventually came! :D
    check it out here

    http://charlies-wonderland.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-love-postman.html

    charlie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys! :D xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh-La-La!!
    The tiger print is definitely nice on youuu
    Will have have to try it on myself
    ...right after I let these grow some

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. When will magnetic boots polish be in the US

    ReplyDelete