Sunday 24 April 2011

Oh, hello!


So I decided that I wanted to do something over the Easter break. Something productive that I could put all of my energy into, apart from revision obviously...... ANYWAY let's not talk about how much/little work I've done. A day went past and I hadn't thought of anything. A week went past and I hadn't thought of anything. Two weeks in, and I only JUST decided I wanted to start a blog. Yes, one of those. I haven't really done anything like this since xanga (believe me, those days are well and truly over) so bear with me whilst I work on the design and stuff it's looking a little bare right now!
To be honest I haven't really decided what this thing is going to be about- it could be anything from my latest nail polish obsession, to me moaning about my day and how much I hate partial differentiation. Hopefully we'll all have a fun time, if not I'll go back to being bored out of my mind and wishing I was cool and famous.
Adios, friends!

P.S. maybe I should put a little something here about the title of this blog. 'Champagne On A Monday'- sounds a bit silly really. I promise promise promise I don't get drunk to get myself through 10am lectures every Monday. Also, I could never afford real champagne right now, but I might be willing to splash out on a bottle of Shloer if you're nice to me (buy one get one free at Tesco in town, yeeeeeee boiiiiiiiiiiiiii). I was struggling to think of a heading and I kid you not.... it was just gonna be LAMIDE because I am so creative like that, when I had this sudden burst of inspiration:
So I had this acoustic version of Champagne Lemonade playing in the background and I like it a little bit. Ok, I really really like it. A LOT. Then that pesky lightbulb appeared out of nowhere and I thought "WAHEY! Champagne Lemonade it is!" Except nothing is really ever that simple with me, and I can't be bothered with that copyright/plagiarism/"ISN'T THAT AN ED DREWETT SONG?!" nonsense. LOOOOONG. But literally two seconds after I remembered this really weird nickname my mum & dad had for me when I was younger:

OLAMONDAY.
OLA-MONDAY.
O-LA-MON-DAY.

No matter how you say/read it, it has always been and will always be a really annoyingly stupid nickname and it always gives my 'rents a bad case of the giggles. I don't know where they got it from and I seriously don't even want to know, but 18 years on and I still can't help but laugh whenever I hear it SO IT IS STAYING.

Sidenote- 'Champagne Olamonday' didn't really sound right, so I changed it a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit and 'Champagne On A Monday' was born etc etc.

And so we begin............

No comments:

Post a Comment